Six Tips To Steam Clean Your Mattressvacmaster
Mattresses collect dirt just like any other material or surface in your home, except they are way harder to clean. After all, you can’t just toss your mattress in the wash, and vacuuming won’t do anything to remove stains and deep dirt. Over time, mattresses also accumulate an alarming amount of dust mites, which feed off dead skin cells; something we definitely do not want to be sleeping on top of.
It’s time to give your mattress the deep clean it needs, and to do so you’ll need to steam clean it. A clean mattress and sheets can improve not only your peace of mind, but your sleep as well. Here are some tips to get the best possible clean:
- Choose the Right Steam CleanerA steam cleaner is a great investment. Not only can you use it to clean mattresses, but you can use it for rugs, sofas, and other upholstered furniture.For steam cleaning a mattress, you’ll want to make sure you have a carpet glide attachment to get the best possible clean.
Check out the Vacmaster’s selection to find a steam cleaner that fits your requirements and budget.
- Vacuum FirstBefore steam cleaning, make sure to remove surface dust and debris by thoroughly vacuuming your mattress.
- Wash Your SheetsWhile cleaning your mattress, wash your sheets (including pillowcases and duvet covers) in hot water. This will ensure that you’re not contaminating your hard work immediately upon remaking the bed.
- Be ThoroughWhen going over your mattress with a steam cleaner, go slowly. The motion is similar to vacuuming the floor, but you want to make sure you get every part of the mattress.
- Use Baking SodaRight before steam cleaning, you can sprinkle a liberal amount of baking soda over your mattress. This will help get your mattress extra fresh-smelling and crisp. You can even add essential oils.Let the baking soda sit on your mattress for at least an hour, then vacuum it up thoroughly. Once you’re sure the mattress is completely vacuumed, it’s ready to clean!
- Make Sure It’s DryAfter steam cleaning, you should let your mattress air out uncovered for at least 3-4 hours. Make sure it’s completely dry before putting sheets on.
By following these simple steps, you can get your mattress cleaner than ever. You’ll be amazed how much better you feel and how well you sleep once your mattress is clean and fresh.
Steam cleaning is extraordinarily simple when you have the right tools. Check out Vacmaster’s website today to see the variety of steam cleaners we offer, as well as many other products.